Thursday, August 23, 2012

Decision Fatigue

1. I think decision fatigue is a physiological condition. I know as the day goes on and as I start to get more and more tired I tend to put things off. I am very good and convincing myself that "ill do that assignment later tonight." I think that when I actually take the time to focus on something I do great but when i slack and take my time I don't do my best work. Sometimes I feel like i just need to take a 30 minute nap to refresh my brain because I feel that when my body isn't so drained and tired I have more energy to focus. There have been many times when I fall asleep on my homework, literally on my homework. I noticed however; when I wake up in the middle of the night and I realize I haven't finished it I am more determined and focused to work and get my work done right. Technology is definitely beneficial to help you research and find information but on the other hand in my case especially it is so distracting. I can't go more than 15 minutes without receiving a text or having to check Instagram or facebook. I in some way feel like I should be tested for like phone addiction or something because I go crazy without my phone. When I get grounded thats the one device my parents go for everytime because they know i'll clean up my act real fast just because I am so determined to get my phone back.

2. I would say I am at like a 4 on a scale of 1-10. In situations that I am not interested in I really try to focus but eventually I find myself playing on my phone or drifting off in a daze thinking about something that I find more interesting.

3. I know I can concentrate much more than I believe but the work that will be put into it just seems so difficult and time consuming. I can take baby steps into trying to make my lack of concentration more effective.

4. After reading the article I did what they said in the very beginning. I closed all my other tabs and set my phone down to try to concentrate and stay focused so I could get the full understanding of what point they were trying to get across. I found myself actually somewhat interested in what facts they were proving and then I realized i was more than a third of the way done with the article before I even realized I hadn't touched my phone. I feel that if I would just try to work at avoiding distractions that are right in front of me that my concentration capacity will start to develop stronger.

No comments:

Post a Comment